We would all like to show off a smile with shiny white teeth. However, as we age, our teeth lose their natural whiteness and become a more dirty and yellowish color. Other factors also influence, such as poor dental hygiene and the consumption of some products that stain teeth, such as tobacco and caffeine.
There are different remedies, either homemade or bought in stores, that can make your smile shine again. One of them, is hydrogen peroxide, or hydrogen peroxide, which has very powerful lightening properties. That is why, in this article we will teach you how to whiten your teeth with hydrogen peroxide through several methods that you can do at home. Even so, we also warn you that you cannot use some of these techniques in excess, since hydrogen peroxide could cause adverse reactions in your teeth.
Homemade toothpaste with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
The first remedy to clear your teeth is to make a toothpaste with hydrogen peroxide and sodium bicarbonate. These two ingredients have powerful lightening properties that will eliminate the yellow spots on your teeth. In addition, the bicarbonate also has antibacterial properties with the reduction of microorganisms that could be causing this color so little aesthetic.
- Hydrogen peroxide with a concentration of up to 3.5%
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- Take a bowl and add between 2 and 3 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Next, add a small amount of hydrogen peroxide in the same bowl and stir the mixture.
- Return to pour more hydrogen peroxide until the mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Apply the homemade pasta to your toothbrush and start brushing them with circular motions all over the dentin for a couple of minutes.
- You can also apply the mixture with your fingers making circles throughout the mouth.
- When finished, rinse with plenty of water until all the product is removed.
This method can only be used once every 15-20 days approximately.
Mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide or hydrogen peroxide
Another method to whiten and remove stains from your teeth is to make a homemade mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide. For this, you will need:
- 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide with a concentration between 2 and 3’5%
- 1 cup of normal water
- Mix in a cup the hydrogen peroxide with normal water.
- Before rinsing with this mixture, you should do it with another cup of normal water.
- Then take the homemade rinse and keep it in your mouth gargling between 30 and 60 seconds.
- Spit the mouthwash when the indicated time has passed and rinse your mouth again with plain water.
- Finally, brush your teeth in the usual way.
It is important that you do not swallow the product, as it could cause some stomach problems. Also, if during the rinsing with oxygenated water you begin to have some discomfort in the dental plaque, you should remove the product from your mouth immediately.
Other methods with hydrogen peroxide to whiten teeth
In any pharmacy, you can also find some products based on oxygenated water that will help you to show off again a white and radiant smile, in addition to serving you for other beauty tricks . Below, we present the most effective bleaches that are commercially available:
Toothpaste with hydrogen peroxide
These pastes usually have a concentration of 3’5% oxygenated water so that they have a mild whitening action, that is, they will eliminate the most superficial spots of your dentine. If you decide to buy this type of toothpaste, it is recommended that you brush your teeth twice a day between 2 and 6 weeks.
Trays with gel for teeth
Although it is not a well-known product, there is evidence that trays with hydrogen peroxide gel are quite effective. To acquire them, it is best to go to the dentist and make a tray with the mold of your mouth and, in addition, prescribe a solution of hydrogen peroxide.
To use them you just must fill the tray with the solution and put the trays in your teeth for 30 minutes at least 2 times a day.
The strips are a method very similar to gel trays. However, these are more flexible and, normally, they are already impregnated with hydrogen peroxide. To use them, you simply have to put the strips on the teeth without touching the gums, since these are usually quite sensitive to hydrogen peroxide. Just like the trays, you should let them act for 30 minutes at least 2-3 times a day.
Is hydrogen peroxide bad for your teeth?
Oxygenated water is a very effective remedy for teeth whitening. However, if we abuse it or use the wrong amounts, it can be a dangerous method for your dental health. These are the dangers that your teeth can have if you use hydrogen peroxide incorrectly:
- Burns, sores and rashes on the gums.
- Irreversible dental sensitivity.
- Irregular whitening of the teeth (teeth with different shades).
- Gingival retractions.
- Periodontal diseases.
Now that you know how to whiten your teeth with hydrogen peroxide, you may be interested in this other article on 5 amazing beauty tips with toothpaste.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the faculty to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We advise you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to how to whiten the teeth with hydrogen peroxide – get a prettier smile, we recommend you visit our Health category.