Skilled Nominated Visa is the State Nominated Point Based Visa category that allows the skilled workers from foreign nationals to work and live in Australia on permanent basis. The skilled workers from across the world that hold the occupations listed on the Australia STSOL list are eligible for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190. However, the applicants need to complete the skill assessment test and get nominated by the territory or state government to apply for this visa.
Benefits of Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
- The Skilled Nominated Visa Australia provides the applicants with multiple benefits like the Australian Permanent Residence for you and your family.
- It allows you to work and live in Australia like permanent residents
- You also become eligible for enrolling with the Medicare offered by the State-Run organization
- Applicants can also complete their higher studies while working in Australia
- You get the chance to apply for Australian Citizenship and also sponsor your family or relatives for permanent residence
How to Apply for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
First Step: Checking the occupation and ensuring it is listed on Australia STSOL Occupation List
Prior to applying for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 it is necessary for the applicants to ensure that the occupation is listed on the STSOL Occupation List
Second Step: Meeting the Eligibility Criteria
- The applicants need to be under the age of 50 years with Basic English Speaking skills
- They need to meet the health and character requirements
- They also need to proof with certificate that they don’t have any debts to Australian Government
- They also need to sign Australian Values Statement
Third Step: Completing Skill Assessment Test
Skills Assessment test is must for applicants and they need to score higher to become eligible for Skilled Nominated Visa Australia. You need to score equivalent or higher than the marks that are specified on the Letter of Invitation.
Step Four: Submitting Expression of Interest Via SkillSelect
Now you need to submit the Expression of Interest or EOI via SkillSelect. Under this program you will be asked few questions related to your skills, work history, background and other history. The EOI will be assessed by the Australian Authorities and Employers and the Letter of Invitation will be sent to you if you are selected for nomination for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190.
Final Step: Applying for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
The final step is to applying for the Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 through the website of DIBP. You need to support the application with necessary documents and applications and wait till the decision of the DIBP. The processing may take up to 3 months and you will receive the call from the DIBP department if your application is selected and submitted aptly.
Finally you will receive the approval and the visa so that you can migrate to Australia and start working and living there on permanent basis.